Sunday, March 11, 2012

Homemade burgers



You are going to think I'm a lazy cook at the weekend because yes the job of burger cooking is my husband's. In our house he has claimed the grill and I have claimed the stove.

So as with the fried fish I face the problem of I don't have a recipe. But really it's not that complicated. And they are delicious!!!

Now funny story time! For my youngest son's 1st birthday we decided to serve burgers. I'm not boasting (ok I am!) but his burgers are really awesome and always a crowd pleaser. Anyhow we made alot, the most we've ever done at a time. I couldn't get the usual 80/20 mix but they had the 70/30 and 93/7 mixes on sale. So I figured adding the two would roughly make 80/20! Well mmm NO! There was so much fat that it dripped down and the gas grill got so hot that the knobs melted off the grill and the grill caught fire!!!! Only at our house!!! So get the fat content right is the moral of the story!

Now size wise my husband makes huge burgers, I have finally got him to make me a smaller version!!!! There's only so much red meat a girl can eat! As you can see they are huge!!! But they do shrink down as the fat cooks so make you burgers larger than the finally size of burger you want. 

Yes that is 7 inches
Homemade Burgers

Ingredients

80/20 ground beef (minced beef in UK)
Worcestershire sauce
Tony's Cajun seasoning (if you are a regular reader you shouldn't be surprised!)
Fixings as they say in the South (optional) :
Burger buns
Lettuce
Tomato sliced
Cheese slices
Onion sliced
Mustard
Ketchup
Mayonnaise
Bacon

Directions

1. In a large bowl mix together ground beef, a generous helping of Worcestershire sauce and Tony's, use your hands to mix it.



2. Divide the mix into rounds about the size you would like the burger. I can't give you an exact amount because if you saw the size of his burgers, normal humans can't finish them. I like a good 1/4 lb or 1/2 lb.

3. Cook on the grill until done to your taste.



4. Serve with the remaining accompaniments of choice.



Happy Home Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment