Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Peri peri chicken pasta

The last time I made Peri Peri chicken I had a lot of leftovers. My only problem was that I make two versions, a milder one for me and the boys and a spicer one for my husband, and the spicer one was the leftovers. So what to do?

As I did the dishes it hit me, use the chicken in a pasta dish. The boys and I love pasta and we could pretty much eat all the time. So I saved the chicken without the sauce to stop it from being too spicy. I chopped it up into bite size pieces, added a few other ingredients and voila a yummy quick lunch.

Peri Peri Chicken Pasta



Ingredients:

Leftover chicken from Peri Peri chicken (I used 3 boneless, skinless thighs) cut into pieces
Penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 Tablespoons flour
1 cup of heavy/double cream

Directions:

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a skillet. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute for 3 - 5 minutes. 
3. In a measuring jug add chicken stock and flour, whisk to combine. Add to skillet and stir for a minute.
4. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Taste to see if any additional seasoning is needed.
5. Add chicken and pasta and mix. 
6. Serve and sprinkle with scallions and Parmesan cheese.

Happy Home Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment