Friday, May 4, 2012

Tea Towel Bouquet


This was so much fun to make for the bridal shower. It's a lovely way to give 'practical' items that aren't very exciting! However the rolling pin is a special gift with a special story,

My husband and I closed on our house on Monday and got married on Friday, I guess we figured we would get all the big things over and done with at the same time. We moved in after we got back from our honeymoon and I found a rolling pin with a little note sitting on our kitchen counter. The very sweet lady that had sold us the house had given it to me as a gift and I like to pass it on to new brides.

So what did the note say? 

Every new bride needs a rolling for two reasons. Firstly to make lots of yummy cookies and pies. Secondly to keep those new husbands in line.

I use mine a lot, thankfully for cooking more than keeping my hubby in line.

I found a tutorial online that showed how to make it. I did mine a little different in that I made the bottom circle bigger. I put a large red ribbon along the bottom. It really was a simple project that looks wonderful. It would also be a great housewarming gift. Or like the tutorial it's a great Mother's Day gift!!!!


Happy Home Cooking (or Crafting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment