Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Well it's January 1st again! To be honest I'm beyond hopeless at keeping resolutions! Last years was to be healthier and happier. I don't think I can say I achieved either. Life is more stressful and I still need to lose 30lbs and get into shape.

However...I did try! That's the point, we try!!!

So this year I'm not really making resolutions. Although today is a good place to hit the reset button! So that's what I started doing yesterday (because Mondays are neat and tidy weekly fresh starts!).

I'm back to P90X and watching what I eat. I'm not going carb free, I love food and especially carbs! However there will be a dramatic reduction in their consumption. I'm starting a new trend Reduced Carb because sometimes you just need a chocolate cupcake and a carrot won't cut it!!!

My main focus food wise is to reduce the amount of pre-made food I consume. We are too convenience orientated and we now pay more for our food because we are paying for someone else to make it. Bread is a prime example!!! So that's my mission for this year to make the things I can make myself! Not only will I save money and reduce the preservatives and additives that are in food but they will taste better and I may even burn a few calories in the process!

Example in point Burger Buns! Saturday night we made burgers and I decided that I wanted to make my own buns. I did buy some burger buns at the store as standby, always a good idea when trying something new! They were so simple and beyond delicious and a fraction of the cost. Plus why do buns come in packs of 8, at most we use 3. And I hate to say it but more times than I care they end up going stale and the chickens get a bonus meal.

Tonight I'm trying bread. I've made it before but not consistently. I figure all that kneading will help with stress relief and calories!

The latter half of 2012 was beyond chaos and I did get lax with my meal planning. It only leads to frustration, waste and more stress so back on track. Like I said I'm hitting the reset button.

Happy Home Cooking in 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment